Get Certified in Atlanta
YogaSkills School of Kemetic Yoga is now offering Spring and Fall training programs for Kemetic Yoga Teacher Certification in Atlanta. Our training, led by Master Instructor Yirser Ra Hotep is the only Kemetic Yoga certification course recognized by Yoga Alliance.
Fall 2017 Teacher Certification Class Schedule
October 7 & 8
November 4 & 5
December 9 & 10
January 13 & 14, 2018
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Participate in at least 2 Yoga classes per week at your home Yoga studio or another approved studio. (A home study curriculum may be approved by Yirser Ra Hotep for particular circumstances).
- Write out a teaching script based upon the outline in the Training Manual.
- Choreograph and demonstrate a flow sequence of movements and postures that illustrate competency in the practices.
- Provide a sample of your teaching style demonstrating all the elements of a quality instructor in the Kemetic tradition and YogaSkills Method™.
- Complete the required reading lis.
- Write a total of 1 essay based upon the readings.
The YogaSkills Method™ encompasses
- Kemetic (ancient Egyptian) philosophy and spiritual science
- Pre-Aryan (Non-Hindu) Indian Yogic concepts
- Movements and postures that are uniquely Kemetic
The YogaSkills Method™ involves movements and postures that flow. It incorporates the Rule of Four breathing technique and the Kemetic principle of geometric progression. We flow from one pose into the next geometrically - meaning from a simple pose into increasingly complex poses. The flow of movements is based upon an understanding of anatomy, physiology, the bio-energetic body and the flow of internal energy.
- History and Philosophy of Kemetic Yoga
- The Science of Yoga as a system of self-development and self-mastery
- The proper performance of Kemetic Yoga movements and postures
- The principles and techniques of the YogaSkills Method™ (YSM) as developed by Y.R. Hotep
- Kemetic Meditation and Breath Control
- Teaching strategies and techniques
- Teaching Special Populations: Children, Seniors, etc.
- Physical Anatomy
- Spiritual Anatomy
- Stress Management
- Principles of Yoga Business
The practice of Yoga develops skills that are transferable and applicable to all other aspects of life. By learning to control your breathing in order to perform the movements and postures you develop the following skills:
- Self Control
- Self Reliance
- Stress Management
- Kemetic Yoga Instructor with expertise in the YogaSkills Method™
- Life Coach: Engaging clients in decision-making and the creation of Wellness & Productivity
- Stress Management Consultant: Working with businesses and organizations to create wellness programs and to work with employees to develop the skills needed to manage stress
- Children's Yoga: Teaching children our state-of-the-art system of ISR (Internal Self Regulation). This methodology works with children and youth from pre-school through high school
- Yoga & Wellness Retreat Facilitator: Many dream of traveling to exotic locations around the world to teach Yoga and/or conduct wellness retreats. Now is your opportunity to learn how to be your own boss while facilitating your own retreats
Our training program is for individuals one-on-one, or in small groups.
Contact Master Instructor Yirser Ra Hotep for more information at 773 396-6613